Demo classes are a wonderful opportunity to make a good impression on a potential new customer. If you have someone attending your classes for the first time in a demo class, be sure to do the following:
Before class, decide if you’re going to offer an “Early Bird Special Rate” where you give a discount for anyone who signs up right at the end of the demo class. This incentives people to take action as soon as they are done with the class and it allows you to commit them for the semester asap. That special should only be for a limited time.
Make sure you know each child’s name and give them praise often in the class.
Build a personal connection. Chat with the parent before class to find out if they speak the second language at home and if not ask more about why they’re interested in learning.
Announce your Covid-19 protocols so that everyone knows you’re doing your best to keep them safe.
Be sure to make an announcement at the end of class to let everyone know how much the semester costs and when it begins and ends as well as any discount you may be offering. Encourage them to register that same day.
One day after the demo, set aside some time to call or email each attendee and ask them about their experience and if they have any feedback and if they would like to sign up. Also ask them if they have any friends who they could recommend.
Create a Demo Class
* Before creating a demo class, make sure you have a regular class set up.
1. Click on Classes on the left menu:
2. To create a Demo Class, click on the Create tab at the top
3. Select the Demo Class option
4. Fill in the Basic Information:
- Related Class: Select a class
- The Location: Online (Insert the class link) or in person class (Insert the address).
- The Language you will be teaching: Spanish, French, Mandarin or English.
- Comment: This comment will be visible to your customers when paying for the Party.
- Age Range
5. Select the Date of your Demo Class:
You can only create a demo class on any of the following dates:
- Any date prior to the start date of your semester
- In the first class of your semester
- In the last class of your semester
*If you choose to do your demo class before the start of your semester or in the last class of your semester, the demo will be public and anyone can register from your website. If you choose to do your demo class in the first class of the semester, your demo will be private and a link will be automatically generated for you to share. In this case, it will not be published on your website.
6. Set your Demo Schedule.
7. Click on Add Service to finish.